Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chicken, Sweet Potato and Carrot Foil Pack

I'm pretty sure this recipe came from sparkpeople. Their calorie value was a lot less so their sweet potato must have been smaller than mine. :-P

Ingredients:
8 oz boneless skinless chicken
2 medium carrots (Mine were 129 g)
1 sweet potato (Mine was 441g)
Seasoning of your choice (I used The Melting Pot Garlic & Wine Seasoning)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F.
Peel and slice the carrots in strips (or just use baby carrots...). Peel and slice the sweet potato in medium thick discs.
Spray 2 large pieces of foil with non-stick cooking spray and layer half of the sweet potatoes, carrots and chicken in each piece. Sprinkle with seasoning.
Fold foil to make a packet. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 30-45 minutes.
Makes 2 servings.

Nutritional Information:
Calories: 304
Fat: 1g
Carbs: 49g
Protein: 26g

Ratings:
Kristen: 3
Dave: 3

We added some red pepper flakes also after it was done cooking. It just needed more flavor. The chicken was good with the seasoning though. If I made this again I think I'd add pineapple and brown sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment