I got this recipe from my brother-in-law
Ingredients:
6 T butter (1/3 less fat imperial, only 1.5 T)
1 (1 oz) package dry onion soup mix (Meijer brand, it was a little more than 1 oz)
1 c converted long-grain white rice (Uncle Ben's)
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese for topping (Kraft)
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (26 oz)
1-1/2 c milk (1/2%)
2 (10.75 oz) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup (I used cream of celery, 1 can of Meijer brand and one can of Campbell's 98% fat free... but I have used the mushroom in the past and it was better)
salt to taste (used it but it really doesn't need it with the salt in the cheese and soup)
ground black pepper to taste
ground black pepper to taste
Directions:
Mix together onion soup mix, milk, cream of mushroom soup, and rice in a medium bowl.
Lay chicken breasts in the bottom of a lightly greased slow cooker. Place one tablespoon margarine on each chicken breast and pour soup mixture over all. Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, or on High for 4 to 6 hours. (I have cooked this on high for 4-5 hours, but today I cooked it on low and it was done in 6 hours.)
Calories: 320
Fat: 11.3g
Saturated Fat: 2.3g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g
Monounsaturated Fat: 0.4g
Carbs: 16.9g
Protein: 37.6g
Rating:
Kristen: 4
Dave: 4.5
Dave: 4.5
No comments:
Post a Comment